In the short to medium term, ARCOIreland will focus on:
- Addressing the implementation of the aim and objectives adopted during its 2019 Annual General Meeting.
- Actively engaging with the Alliance of Retired Public Servants in addressing the repeal of FEMPI legislation, pension parity and value of Veterans’ pensions which must be maintained into the future; the establishment of a statutory, independent third-party mechanism for the negotiation of public service pensions; and finally repealing abatement anomalies.
- Extending its membership base.
- Advancing the Combined Veterans’ Strategy along with ONE and IUNVA.
- Enhancing its interface with RACO, CAOGA, the Defence Forces Benevolent Fund, and the Irish Defence Forces Officers Club (IDFOC).
- Reviewing its existing Rules which were adopted in 2013.
- Preparing a framework for the elaboration of a Veterans’ Policy.
- Advancing the Association’s relevance with its evolving membership cohort.